Friday, February 12, 2010

Making some extra money

I still haven't started a side business but I did make some extra money this week. I was lucky and got into a mock trial focus group, which was not only interesting and a lot of fun it also paid pretty well.

I can't give many details due to confidentiality issues but the case had to do with intellectual property infringement on a pretty large scale. It was pretty clear that the defendant was guilty, the only real question we faced was how much in damages we thought should be awarded. Actually, the defendant never even said that they were innocent...

So, at the end of the day I gave 10 hours of my time, got lunch out of it and for the most part found it interesting. The best part - I got $250 for doing it. in one day I got half way to my yearly goal of $500!

Too bad these days don't come around more often. I'll definitely have to look into doing more of these focus groups.

As for what to do with the $250, I haven't decided but am considering putting it in my travel fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment