Monday, January 4, 2010

Vacation recap

I’m back in SF after an adventurous vacation. I was originally planning on spending 4 days in Canada visiting friends (with a budget of $400 for hotel, $150 for food and $75 for gas plus another $100 for spending money for a total of roughly $725) and a week with my family but a major snow storm changed all that. I was stranded in Canada for 3 extra days due to all of the flight delays, and had to rearrange my return flight so that I was still able to spend a week with my family.

While I enjoyed the extra time in Canada with my friends, it caused me to go over budget. The hotel came to $673, food was $135, gas was $122 and misc spending money was $100 (which was mostly spent on food) for a total of roughly $1,030. Most of the extra was due to the hotel, so I don’t think I did that bad and I was able to get a few Christmas gifts while I was in Canada.

The trip was a lot of fun and I’m glad I was able to go. We went to a hockey game (junior hokey league, not NHL), saw some light houses, lots of Bay’s and Coves, and ate their local lobster. I also got to finally eat a donair which isn’t readily available in the US for some strange reason. I might have gone $300 over budget, but it was worth it. I’ll just have to make up for it in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment