Thursday, January 28, 2010

Back to climbing

After taking 10 days off to recover from an injury I got back into the climbing gym this weekend. I was very rusty with my footwork and I need to build up my endurance again. In the last four weeks I think i only went climbing 3 times :( and two of those times I had to stop early due to pain. So I really need to build up the strength in my hands, forearms and legs again.

The good news is that I climbed for hours and am pain free! I easily climbed a few 10.A's, struggled up a 10.C, yes I fell, and failed to even make it to the top of a 10.D. It was the first 10.D I've ever tried and it was at the end of the night when I was already tired, so I don't feel bad that I wasn't able to do it. Plus, doing challenging climbs wasn't even my main goal, staying healthy was. And I did that!

After climbing I went into the locker room for my weekly weigh in and this week I came in at 170.8, up nearly half a pound from last time and keeping me well on pace to finish the year at 178.

Also this week, I've hit the gym at lunch for a quick 30 minute workout three times so far. I won't go today because I'm climbing tonight but will go again on Friday. I'm going to try and take the 10.D first thing tonight, hopefully being fresh will help me get up the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment