Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Zipline in SF

There is a temporary zipline in the plaza across from the Ferry Building!?!?

Yes, it is a collaberation between ziptrek and the British Columbia tourist industry. And the best part? It's free!

So of course I couldn't pass up the chance for free fun.

I got a little lucky in that the cloudy weather kept the throngs of people away and I only had to wait in line for 5 minutes to get my wrist band. Other people have reported waiting for an hour or more - some couldn't get a wrist band at all because they had already given them all away. To be safe, if you want to zipline, it's best to get there early.

So how was it? Awesome. After signing a waiver, they get you in a haness and helmet. From there you get to climb to the top of a 150 foot tower and clip on to the line. Once you're safely and securely cliped in, just lean back and off you go - 20 seconds and 600 feet later you land at the other side of the plaza.

It is a ton of fun, I spread my arms like I was flying, laid back horizontal, spun around and even got partially upside down. I don't think 20 seconds has ever gone by so fast before!

If you're in the area and have some free time, I would definitely recomend you take a ride down the zipline while it's still here. It's only here until the end of the week so don't wait too long.

It's fun, adventurous, thrilling and free! It's also a great promotion for BC, which I now kind of want to go visit - I've always heard good things about Vancuver.

No comments:

Post a Comment