Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter deals

I love Easter. Spending time with friends and family, the food, the drink, the good cheer - not to mention the candy.

I also love the day after Easter, aka the day everything goes half off. Stores don't want to clog their shelves with candy for a holiday that won't be back for another 364 days, so they mark everything 50% off and blow out the inventory. I went to Walgreens around 1:00 in the afternoon Monday and already the selection was pretty thin. Most of the good candy (aka the chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies and eggs) were all gone but I was able to score bags of M&M's and a few other goodies as well as an egg dyeing kit that was only $0.50 for some fun later in the year.

Did anyone find any especially good deals this year?

I'm sad to report but I experimented with a new candy this year, the brand new chocolate covered marshmallow peep, from who else but peeps. It was truly awful. The marshmallow was yellow, tasted funny and was oozing a weird sticky sap. I very much doubt I'll ever buy another one of those peep chocolate marshmallow monstrosities again. From a company that makes a marshmallow candy covered in sugar that has a nearly infinite shelf life, I wasn't sure what to expect but I was expecting something much better then what I got. That's a giant fail for you peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment