Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bike repairs

The repairs on my bike came in almost exactly on budget. The front and rear shifters were $27, and labor was $22.50 but they had to cut off and replace my old hand grips which were $9.90 to replace.
Estimated budget: $60
Total cost: $59.40 (not counting the $5 in tax)

I'm glad I get a 10% discount, which saved my about $6 but what really struck me was that they only charged $25 ($22.50 after discount) for a job they said would take them about 2 hours. I have no idea how long it actually took them but that seems very cheap to me.

It is so nice to have a bike that will actually change gears easily and reliably! It was so worth the $60.

I also got R a supper soft and fuzzy (not to mention warm) jacket for her birthday. The jacket is also her favorite color, so she should love it. It was $95 less 10% for a total of $85.50.

I consider this a success on all fronts and I'm very happy with how things turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment